Last date for submission of Online Application Form - 25 December 2022
General Instructions for submitting Online Application
- You need to register first, before filling of the online entrance application form.
- The following instructions need to be followed for Registration in the beginning.
- Click on the button NEW REGISTRTION that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Fill in the UserName and password in the appropriate columns correctly.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be in between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the "SUBMIT" button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the "LOGIN" button.
- Before proceeding for filling the online application form, you must have the following:-
- Scanned passport size Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Fee can be paid by following methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- Note:It is suggested to scan documents from your originals. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button you will get the further information related to online application which you need to fill up.
- After the final submission of online application form, download the filled in application form, take the printout and enclose the hardcopies/photocopies of all the documents and certificates as mentioned in the student handbook and prospectus to be submitted during counseling for final admission.
Instructions pertaining to Reservation of Seats, Fees and Exam pattern for PhD Entrance Test – 2022
- The number of seats to be advertised in different categories (GEN/OBC/SC/ST/EWS) is as per the Reservation Policy for Research Degree Programmes and DOPT,Govt of India .norms amended from time to time. Appendix II of the Information Brochure may be referred in this regard.
- Five percent (5%) seats shall be reserved for Persons with Disabilities (with not less than 40% disability). However such candidates shall be adjusted against the appropriate category (Gen/SC/ST/OBC/EWS) to which they belong (Ref.Annexure II of Information Brochure 2022).
- Submission of application forms will be online only. Entrance Examination is compulsory for all candidates including MPhil / NET / JRF etc., for admission to Research Degree Programmes. No exemption from appearing for the Entrance Test is permissible.
- Application Fee for submission of online application is Rs 1000.
- Application fee is non-refundable.
- No request for change in category, shall be entertained once the application has been successfully submitted.
- Applicants are advised to submit onle application only, as the Entrance Test shall be conducted for all the Programmes on the same day.
- Eligibility for appearing in the Entrance Test is subject to the candidate fulfilling the minimum eligibility requirements as prescribed in the IGNOU Regulations for conduct of Research Programmes which is as under:
A candidate will be eligible for admission and registration for the PhD programme, provided he/she:
.......Possesses Master’s Degree from a University recognized by UGC or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in such fields of study as are notified for the purpose from time to time by the University with at least 55% marks [50% marks in the case of SC, ST, OBC (Non-creamy Layer), EWS and Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time. *
*Note : Applicants are requested to carefully go through the eligibility criteria as per the details mentioned at Annexure –II and make sure that they fulfill the same. If any discrepancy is found at a later stage, the University reserves all the rights to not consider such cases.
8. In case, a candidate does not meet these minimum eligibility criteria and appears in the written examination, it is at the candidate’s own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that the minimum eligibility requirements are not fulfilled, the admission, if granted, shall be cancelled ipso facto.
9. Weightage of Entrance Test is 70% and 30% weightage is for the Interview.
10. 50% is the qualifying marks in the Entrance Test for Open Category. For SC/ST/OBC, EWS /PWD, the qualifying mark is 45% .
11. Admission to the Ph.D Degree Programmes is strictly on merit, based on the performance in the Entrance Test and Interview taken together.
Syllabus and Question paper
- a) The syllabus of the Entrance Test is as per the ‘University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedures for Award of MPhil / PhD Degrees) Regulations, 2022 comprising 50% on Research methodology and 50% on specific subject.
- b) The question paper shall have questions consisting of 50% on research methodology and 50% on specific subject.
Help desk contact details:
You may contact the Research Unit at 011-29571984/1985/1986 during working hours.
You may also mail at email@example.com